On February 11th, we will be presenting a thorough analysis of the following New England Journal of Medicine paper:
Ultrasonography versus Computed Tomography for Suspected Nephrolithiasis
by R. Smith-Bindman, et al.
Click here for the article
Possible questions to comment on and/or ponder:
1. Does this paper change my ED management for suspected nephrolithiasis? Why or why not?
2. How could the methodology of this study been improved? What did they do well?
3. If you were going to do this study, how would you have done it differently?
4. Why did the study use stone passage or surgical intervention as gold standard? What would you have used?
5. If you did do bedside ED US at our shop, would it decrease Length of Stay?
By Dr. Andrew Grock